Outlook duplicates issue is always been in debate and different theories have been introduced related to data replication. Identical items in the mailbox folders such as email messages, calendar events, contacts and other items keeps on accumulating in the mailbox repeatedly even after deletion. The ‘Unread’ status for the email message that has been opened in the Inbox a few minutes back sometimes looks annoying.
This may occur due to incorrect settings’ provisions in ‘Rules & Alerts’ section. To get rid of this situation, it is important to ensure that the appropriate settings are assigned and if the data replication still continues, the duplicate items can be removed with the help of Outlook Duplicates Remover software. User can select to employ the tool by getting an overview over its performance criterion in the upcoming sections.
From the upcoming sections, the performance and functional criterion’s can be explored to decide whether it is worth investing on the tool or not.
Features & Attributes Explored
Let’s discuss the functionality of the tool to get better understanding on how it works to remove duplicates from Outlook data files. But prior to this, it is important to understand the features of the tool as it will provide a quick reference to the overall product.
- Removes duplicate items from the PST files.
- Single interface which is easy to understand.
- Removes duplicate contents from within the folder.
- Option to remove duplicates across folders.
- Supports batch processing of PST files altogether.
- Option to add file as well as folder with multiple files.
- Supports both ANSI as well as Unicode PST files.
- No alterations are made to the original PST.
Download & Installation: Pre Requisites
First step in getting started with the tool involves download and installation of the product on machine. Here, it is important to mention that it is a Windows based tool and will not work on any other Operating System. However, there are several pre-requisites that need to be fulfilled:
- System Specifications: Since the size of the tool is 1.9 MB, 10 MB of free space on hard disk drive is enough for its installation. Apart from this, minimum of 512 MB RAM along with 2.4 GHz processor is required. However, 1 GB RAM and 2.4 GHz system processor is optimal for smooth functionality of software and other processes.
- Applications Required: Microsoft Outlook 2013 and all lower versions (32 bit) are supported. For installation over latest versions, including Windows 8.1, 8 and 7, launch the product by right-clicking on the set-up and select ‘Run as Administrator’. MS Outlook must be configured with a valid email profile.
- Software Cross-Check: After installation, the software will check if all the proposed pre-requisites are fulfilled. As seen in the below figure, green tick- mark confirms that all is set for running the tool. If any of the requirements are not fulfilled, the tool will show red-cross sign corresponding to the required component. Click on the ‘OK’ button to start execution.
Functional Criteria: Step by Step Procedure
The initial window of the Outlook Duplicates Remover software will display as follows
Step #1: Adding PST files:
Outlook data file can be added in two different ways:
- i. Click on the ‘Add File(s)’ button to add single or multiple PST files to the tool panel; or
- ii. Click on ‘Add Folder’ button if it is require adding the folder containing multiple PST files.
An option to remove the selected files is also provided in the panel.
In the then appear ‘Open’ window, select the PST file and click on the ‘Open’ button and the file will be uploaded to the tool panel.
Step #2: Select Mailbox Components:
Next, select either of two given options that asks if replicated items needs to be removed from ‘Within Folder’ or ‘Across Folder’.
- i. Within Folder: Here, it will remove duplicate items existing within the folder.
- ii. Across Folder: If this option is been selected, the same item existing in alternate folders will be removed.
Quick Review on Different Aspects
Graphical User Interface:
- Single panel interface.
- Simple to operate.
- No technical expertise required.
- Self-explanatory procedure.
- Working steps are well defined.
- All the functions work appropriately.
- Fast execution of PST files.
- Efficient implementation offered.
- Accurate results obtained.
- Overall execution time depends upon file volume.